5 Things to Avoid when Suffering a Personal Injury
The steps you take after suffering a personal injury can have a big impact on your case. Here are five things to avoid:
- Recorded Statements: Avoid giving recorded statements to insurance adjusters.
- Signing a Release: Do NOT sign a release or endorse a check with release language printed on it.
- Unnecessary Conversation: Avoid discussing anything about your injury or potential case with anyone except those who need to know: your spouse, your doctor, your attorney.
- Pressure Tactics: If someone is pressuring you to do something, chances are they have something to gain from your actions. Trust your attorney to tell you what the necessary actions are. Don’t give in to pressure tactics.
- Premature Settlement: Do not settle a case prior to consulting an attorney or before your symptoms have completely disappeared.